Technology management is a set of management disciplines that allows organizations to manage their technological fundamentals to create competitive advantage. Typical concepts used in technology management are:
- Technology strategy (a logic or role of technology in organization),
- Technology forecasting (identification of possible relevant technologies for the organization, possibly through technology scouting),
- Technology roadmap (mapping technologies to business and market needs), and
- Technology project portfolio (a set of projects under development) and technology portfolio (a set of technologies in use).
The role of the technology management function in an organization is to understand the value of certain technology for the organization. Continuous development of technology is valuable as long as there is a value for the customer and therefore the technology management function in an organization should be able to argue when to invest on technology development and when to withdraw.
MIDTERM EXAM (IF YOU CAN NOT ACCESS e-LEARNING ELDIRU only)
If you can not access the e-Learning ELDIRU, alternatively you can work MIDTERM EXAM TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT in this blog. Please click the links below to move to Prentice Hall sources. Every link you have to answer question number 1 until 5 only. I give you 70 minutes for doing this work from 09:30 until 10:40.
Take this exam with the following steps:
- Click each Question page link
- For every Question page, answer the question number 1 until 5 only
- Go to the bottom of page
- Click ‘Submit Answer for Grading‘ button
- Go to the bottom of page
- Fill in the ‘E-mail Your Results window like in figure below
- Click ‘E-mail Results‘ button
- Go to next Question page.
LINK TO THE QUESTIONS PAGE:
- Question page 1
- Question page 2
- Question page 3
- Question page 4
- Question page 5
- Question page 6
- Question page 7
- Question page 8
- Question page 9
- Question page 10
Announcement April 9, 2020
For all members of this course, I announce that I want you to continue reading Chapter 6 Process Innovation, Value Chains, and Organization. After you read this chapter, I want you make answer the question sheet bellow. Send your answer sheet file via my e-mail address no later than April 16, 2020 at 00:00.
Go to topic of CH. 06. PROCESS INNOVATION, VALUE CHAINS, AND ORGANIZATION directly please.
New assignment (March 26, 2020) !!!!
For all members of this course who cannot access to Unsoed e-Learning, I announce that I want you to continue reading Chapter 4: The Process of Technology Change: Diffusion. Please download this file, and you can read it. After you read this chapter, I want you make a resume from this chapter. Submit your resume via my e-mail address email@example.com no later than Wednesday, April 1 2020 at 23:59 (Jakarta Time). Your resume can make in format of: .doc, docx, ppt, or pptx. You can download the Chapter 4 file in block below.
CHAPTER 4 PROCESS OT TECHNOLOGY CHANGE: DIFFUSION
An innovation or a new idea when it first appears is not accepted immediately by consumers or potential users. Indeed, many innovations fail because they do not get adopted altogether. When successful, an innovation gets adopted over a period of time: Different types of users adopt the innovation at different times. The late adopters sometimes look to the earlier ones for information when trying to decide whether the innovation will be useful to them. From market perspective, an innovation is the output of the process of finding a technological solution to a problem. In this chapter, we will discuss the movement of an innovation along the market dimension: we will term this process diffusion. Innovations propagate through a population of consumers in the market over time. Not all individuals or firms comprising the market adopt an innovation at the same time; rather, they adopt sequentially over time. This is what we mean by the dynamics of diffusion. Although each innovations diffuses in somewhat unique fashion, there are some general characteristics of the dynamics of diffusion.
- Describe the dynamics of diffusion of an innovation through a population of adopters or consumers.
- Summarize the innovation adoption decision process, anchoring it in the problem-solving model introduced in Chapter 3.
- Discuss the factors that drive the adoption decision.
- Chapter 4 Process of Technology Change: Diffusion.pdf
- Chapter 4 Process of Technology Change: Diffusion.pptx
CHAPTER 05 TECH AND COMPETITION
In this chapter, we will describe the influence of technology on competition. Specifically, in this chapter we explore such questions as: (1) What are the consequences of technological change? (2) How do industries differ in terms of technological characteristics? (3) What are the systematic patterns of industry dynamics triggered by technological change? We will describe how the process of technological change—innovation and diffusion—create opportunities and threats, i.e., competitive consequences for firms in the marketplace.
- Examine the consequences of technological change, especially how technological change spawns new industries and affects competition within industries.
- Describe the key technological properties of industries.
- Discuss the industry dynamics triggered by technological changes.
CHAPTER 6 PROCESS INNOVATION
There are several important issues to note and to consider as you read this chapter. First, technologies cross all areas of the organization, and, thus, all areas of work may be enhanced by their use. Second, computer networks allow for interorganizational information flows. They thus allow the “value chains” of various organizations to be connected and managed simultaneously. Finally, technologies in general—and more specifically, computers—allow the intellectual activity of work to be disconnected from its physical location. As we will see, technology has profoundly changed the nature of work and the workplace, and this is the subject we will explore in this chapter.
- Introduce the drivers of technological change in processes and organizations.
- Discuss the major shifts in value chain configurations.
- Explain how technological changes influence the internal functioning of an organization.
Please answer this question sheet, and then submit your answer sheet to me via my e-mail address no later than Wednesday April 15, 2020 at 23:59 Jakarta time. Don’t forget to write your NAME and STUDENT ID in your answer sheet.